Monday, October 22, 2012

Crockpot Taco Chicken

Here is another crockpot chicken recipe. Chicken is fairly cheap so I make a lot of variations of it. Does it seem like the cost of groceries has gone up just in the past couple months? I'm not sure but I
really think it has. My grocery bill has increased like $30 and I'm buying the same stuff I always have. It probably has something to do with the rising cost of gas. Ugh. I guess this means I'm going to have to come up with even more ways to cook beans and rice lol!

Ingredients
3-4 chicken breasts
1 can enchilada sauce (I used  the mild green chili kind)
1 packet taco seasoning
OR
1 1/2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (Recipe Here )

1. Place chicken in crockpot. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and then pour enchilada sauce over chicken.
 
2. Cook on low 4-6 hours.


3. When chicken is cooked, shred. You can serve over rice, in a burrito or taco.


I had some left over black beans and rice which I layered on my tortilla, added chicken then topped with cheese and green onions.


Steven fried up some tortillas, added the chicken then topped with cheese, cilantro and tapatio. He had the leftover beans and rice on the side. His looks so pretty!

2 comments:

  1. Just got a crock pot and am experimenting with different recipes. Definitely would love to try this one

    ReplyDelete