Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Savory Chicken Noodle Soup

I made this delicious soup yesterday. The hubs had some dental work done and needed something soft for dinner. I looked over several recipes to see what other people put in thiers and then I whipped up my own version. Not to toot my own horn but it was seriously the best chicken noodle soup I've ever had! I seem to be on a roll with yummy soups lately haha!

 
Ingredients:
 
1/2 bag of boneless skinless chicken thighs (you can also use 2-3 chicken breasts or shredded chicken)
3 cans of chicken broth
1 can corn
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 onion chopped
3 cups sliced carrots
3 cups sliced celery
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. minced garlic or 2 small cloves chopped
 
 
1. Add all ingredients to crockpot, stir well.
 
 
2. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
3. 30 min before serving add bag of egg noodles. You may have to add a little bit of water at this stage if you like it soupy. 
4. Serve and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. I am never brave enough to do my own version of anything. You, however, seem to be both brave enough and successful enough to go for it. Hoping your husband's teeth are feeling better...or wait, maybe I don't, so he can get more of your TLC and your delicious soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great dish for a nice cold day. Keep up the good work with these yummy soups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've got a cold, so this is perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete