Saturday, December 15, 2012
15 Kid Activities To Do In A Hotel Room
So you are stuck in a hotel room, the kids are going crazy and you are racking your brain for things to do. Here are a few ideas to get you started. These tips are mostly geared for toddler, preschool ages but some older kids may enjoy them as well.
1. Play with pipe cleaners. You can get a pack of 20 at Dollar Tree for $1 or Walmart for little more. Kids love to make things and wrap them all around the room. It's easy cleanup too!
2. Color. Bring along some crayons, markers and coloring books. If you forgot those just a pen and pad of paper work as well.
3. Weather permitting, take a nature walk around the hotel. (Make sure you are in a safe neighborhood)
4. Make a fort out of blankets, sheets and chairs.
5. Tear up strips of paper and draw shapes to make a memory game. You can also bring along this great Scrap Fabric Matching Game I wrote a tutorial on a while back.
6. Table top hockey. The puck can be a milk jug top, bottle cap or checker. The pucks can be aersol can caps (like hairspray) or a plastic cup. Be creative!
7. Take some small objects and hide them around the room. Go for a treasure hunt.
8. Make bubbles from shampoo, water and sugar and blow bubbles. You can use a straw, a pen cap or pipe cleaners (see #1).
9. Read books.
10. Play a shoot out game by balling up a pair of socks and throwing at a trashcan.
11. Skype with friends and family.
12. If you brought your computer, kids can take turns playing paint.
13. Board games. We like Cootie, Operation, Pop the Pig and Candyland.
14. Take straws and a light objects (like a feather) and see who can blow thier object across the finish line first.
15. If all else fails, there is always cartoons!