Saturday, September 29, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Here is the Taco Seasoning recipe I promised. I like to make my own taco seasoning. In my opinion it doesn't taste exactly like store bought but its very close and I actually like it better. Its also better for you. Have you ever read the back of a seasoning packet? A lot of them contain silica. Silica? Like the stuff in those packets in shoe boxes that say DO NOT EAT? Yep same stuff.

 
1 tbsp Onion powder
1 tbsp Garlic powder
1 tbsp Cumin
1 tbsp Chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
 
You can adjust this a bit to your taste. If you don't like it too spicy decrease the red pepper. If you love onions, increase the onion powder ect. ect.
 
I whipped up a batch tonight to season our nachos. I made homemade refried beans (from leftovers) and homemade guacamole. Yum Yum!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment