I would post a before pic here....
but the memory card I bought keeps crashing or something. I lose all my pics or when I go to upload them to my computer they delete themselves. I guess thats what I get for buying stuff from China!
I started by sanding the box down and making sure the corners were smooth and splinter free. Then I wiped it down clean. Next, I spray painted the box using Rust-Oleum Hammered Paint in black. This works great to cover surface imperfections. After the first coat dried, I sprayed another coat on. Make sure you are in a well ventilated area when using spray paint.
For the top I cut batting to the size of the lid. (I used 3 sheets). I then covered the lid with zebra fabric, cutting holes for the hinges. I stapled the fabric with a staple gun.
The finished product!!
(Pretty happy with how it turned out!)