Thursday, February 7, 2013

Taco Ring

So I was going to post a cute heart nail tutorial today...but we had a fail haha! I saw these cute heart nails on Pinterest and I was going to do a version of them. I got all my supplies out and began to paint my nails. When it came time to paint the hearts on I realized I didn't have toothpicks. The only thing I had close to a toothpick was a shish kabob skewer. Well obviously skewers are much bigger than toothpicks and my nails ended up looking like a bird took a big pink poop on them. Yeah, just in case you thought I'm this great artist...NOT.

I didn't have time to round up another project so instead I'm going to post a recipe for a yummy taco ring I made last night. It's Valentinsy right? Spicy taco meat? Ok maybe not so much but whatev!


Ingredients

1lb ground beef
1 pack taco seasoning
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 packages crescent rolls
All the fixin's like lettuce, tomato sour cream, onions ect.

 
 
1. Brown and drain ground beef. Add taco seasoning and 2 tablespoons water to the meat. Mix well. Add 1-2 cups of cheese. Mix again and set aside.
 
 

2. Arrange triangles of dough into a star pattern like so. I usually end up having one or two triangles left over which I just roll up and throw on the pan beside the ring.

 

3. Spoon the beef mixture around the widest portions of the ring.


4. Flip the triangles over and smush into the ring like so.

5. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until browned. Top with lettuce, tomato, whatever you like on your tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment