Thursday, February 28, 2013

Easy Easter Bunting

I'm making some cute props for my Easter shoot. I like bunting but couldn't find anything the exact style I wanted so I decided to make my own. Fabric bunting is generally sewn but...ain't nobody got time for that! So I was lazy and tacky glued it.

 
Anytime I have clothes or fabric with stains or holes, instead of throwing it away I cut large squares out of it and save for projects. I picked out a bunch of easter/spring colors from my stash.
 

I cut one square into a diamond shape and used it as a pattern for the rest of my squares. (Yes I know its not totally geometric. I was lazy, don't judge)

 
After about a half hour of cutting I ended up with a nice pile of diamond shapes.

I folded the diamonds over a piece of yarn to make sure they would match up nicely. I pinned a few just to get an idea of how much space I wanted in between each piece.

Next, time to glue. I used Aleene's Tacky glue, and put a line across the middle of the diamond (where I stuck the yarn) and also down each side. I folded the diamond over and pressed.

 
 
I made two strands with 9-10 traingles each. I can't wait to show you my Easter shoot set up!

1 comment: