Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Healthy Oatmeal Banana Muffins

Well heyy looky here! I found an old post I never published. With the busy-ness of the move it got lost and forgotten. (Which is why my counters look different, I made this in our old house)

Here is a great muffin recipe that requires no flour, butter or oil. These muffins are delish and a perfect take-along snack or lunch item. My hubby even liked them! (Which is a big deal considering he rolls his eyes at anything containing the word "healthy")

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup greek yogurt (I used the Chobani chocolate because I was curious how the chocolate would taste with the banana. It was a good choice, but the plain will work just as well)
2 eggs
1/2 cup of sweetener- brown sugar, honey, stevia (Although I have regular brown sugar in the pic, I've switched to using all natural unprocessed cane sugar or Stevia.)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 ripe bananas mushed

1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray muffin tin with non stick spray or use foil liners. (For some reason paper liners do not work well with oatmeal.)

2. Place all ingredients in blender and blend until oats are smooth. I have actually made this once in the blender and once just mixing ingredients by hand. Either way tastes good, but blending will make the texture smoother.


3. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment