1 box cake mix (or you can make a cake from scratch to be a bit healthier)
1 pack instant chocolat pudding
1 container cool whip
1 bag peppermint crunch baking chips
1 cup strong brewed coffee
1. Bake cake according to instructions. Set aside to cool. Mix up pudding according to package and put in fridge.
2. Cut cake into cubes and layer in trifle dish or a deep dish.
4. Next spread about 1/3 of the pudding mixture over the cubes.
5. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of peppermint chips over mixture.
7. Repeat the layers, then chill in fridge until ready to serve.