Sunday, December 29, 2013

Recap of 2013~A Long Post!

~A Year in Reflection~
 
Wow it's amazing how fast a year can fly by! 2013 had some ups and downs but overall it was a good year. It was tough but towards the end it started to get better. On June 26th I started the Day Zero Project. It is a really neat website that allows you to create a list of 101 goals to complete in 1001 days. Instead of making a New Years Resolution, I'm working on completing this list of goals. I want to see how far I've come!
 
 
1. Write 100 poems- 6/100
2. Watch the IMDb top 250 films- 97/250
3. Learn 50 new things by clicking the random articles button on Wikipedia- 5/50
4. Read 100 books- 12/100 I read the book "And Thereby Hangs a Tale" one of my favourite from this year. It was full of short mystery/suspense/horror stories. Really good book!
 
5. Save $100 on groceries with coupons- $54.17/$100
6. Get rid of 100 things- 50/100
7. Make 25 new recipes- 7/25 I made these Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting Mmm so good!
 
8. Read 300 books to the girls- 40/300
9. Leave an inspirational note in a book for someone to find
10. Go to a concert
11. Write a book- I am writing a book called "Desert Gold". It will be a mystery with a touch of romance.
12. Go horseback riding
13. Have dinner by candlelight
14. Go to Las Vegas
15. Learn Spanish
16. Buy something from Etsy
17. Go rockclimbing
18.Perform 5 acts of random kindness
19. Send something to a friend- I sent my really good friends Shantel and Kelly some yummy Lara Bars!
20. Make a list of 100 things I'm grateful for- I completed this and you can find my list Here
21. Write down every dream I have for a week
22. Write a love letter to my husband
23. Write my name in the sand
24. Don't watch TV for a week- Completed! We don't have cable so this was pretty easy
25. Don't eat sweets for a month
26. Go to the firing range
27. Get a new tattoo
28. Buy new lens for my camera
29. Get a pedicure
30. Go on a spiritual retreat
31. Document a day in my life with photos
32. Donate unwanted books to the library
33. Volunteer in my community
34. Refinish a piece of furniture
35. Make soap
36. Make donuts
37. Buy new shoes- Completed! I got a blinged out pair of black heels and a pair of grey peep-toe heels for $5 each at a yardsale. Deal of the year!
38. Achieve Abs
39. Complete Insanity Program
40. Take a train somewhere
41. Paint the kitchen- Completed!
42. Host a My Favorite Things Party- Completed! I'm definitely going to do it again, it was a blast.
43. Go on a romantic getaway with my hubby
44. Find 50 geocaches
45. Go to dentist
46. Change hairstyle- Completed! I got my hair trimmed, side swept bangs, and some black lowlights
 
 
 
47. Clear out my broken external hardrive and put on cd's- In Progress
48. Make a coffee bar in my house
49. Organize my craft supplies
50. Fill change jar and cash it out
51. Handout 5 blessing bags to the homeless
52. Contact 5 companies for giveaways or reviews- Completed! I reviewed decal stickers, a scale, a kid's DVD, a brand of green tea and a brand of kid's shoes. Click on my Product Review tab to see them
53. Fill out a long survey for my blog
54. Get my pole set up- Completed! I now have a space in my garage to practice!
55. Model in a fun photoshoot- Completed! I did a bridal shoot, lots of fun!
 
 
56. Get a new outfit- Completed!
57. Do 5 projects from my Craft board
58. Successfully sew something
59. Get husband a nice smoker grill- Completed!
60. Answer the 30 things with Hubby
61. Watch the sunrise over the ocean
62. Make a 72-hour emergency kit for family
63. Join a sports team
64. Go snowboarding
65. Buy keyboard and relearn to play it
66. Plan preschool for Haley
67. Hike 5 trails in Joshua Tree- We have done the Skull Rock Trail so far
68. Hire a housekeeper- Completed! Well not technically a housekeeper but I hired someone to shampoo and deep clean our carpets. They are so much nicer and cleaner!
69. Take a practice LSAT
70. Read the entire Bible- In progress
71. Watch the sunrise on New Years
72. Journal for 6 months- I have been journaling for the past 2 weeks
73. Drink shakes for 2 weeks- I invented this yummy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie but haven't yet started my 2 week shake diet
74. Get a bigger vehicle or trade in
75. Get an article published in a magazine or newspaper
76. Win contest or sweepstakes- Completed! I didn't win but my little Haley won a photo contest. She got $50 for looking pretty! That would be a fun job haha!
77. Run another Fun Run- Completed! We did the Color Me Rad 5K last year and this year we did the Electric Run. It was amaaaaazing! I can't wait to do it again next year!
78. Help someone complete one of their goals
79. Finish 5 paintings- 2/5
 "The Serenity Prayer"- done for my Mother-in-law. Made with melted crayons, paint and stickers.

"Starry Night"- done this Christmas. Made with paint, stickers, broken mirror and cotton.
 
80. Take the kids to pick a fruit
81. Take the kids camping
82. Be able to do the splits
83. Get 250 blog followers- 96/250
84. Attend a blogging conference
85. Make bread from scratch
86. Make a "My Secrets" video- Completed!
87. Visit the Winchester Mystery House
88. Complete a 1000 piece puzzle
89. Carve a pumpkin for Halloween
90. Take the girls to Build-a-Bear
91. Write the story behind "Yours, Mine and Ours" for the blog
92. Make homemade jam
93. Stay off Facebook for a week- Completed!
94. Write a letter to a friend thanking them for their friendship- Completed!
95. Join a book club, non-profit organization or something similar- Completed! I joined the Father's Rights Movement. It is a growing movement that is focused on making sure Father's are able to have a relationship with their kids. I also got involved with I am THAT Girl. It's a movement of girls meeting together to talk about changing the world, empower each other and serve the community.
96. Make a wall of accomplishments- In progress
97. Practice meditation
98. Build up my Etsy shop
99. Start a financial campaign for a legal defense fund for getting our boys
100. Get our spare room set up for guests
101. Honestly I just don't know what to put here. I will think of something by New Years though!
 
I have until March 2016 to complete all my goals. I think I have a good start! What kind of goal setting or resolutions are you doing for the new year?




1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    I am the Social Media Coordinator at Dorot, an exciting international food and spice company specializing in frozen herbs and seasonings. We'd love to talk to you about reviewing our products.

    Please contact me at Zoey@dorot.com for details. Looking forward to hearing from you!

    Best,
    Zoey

    Zoey Friedman
    Social Media Coordinator
    My Dorot

    ReplyDelete