~A Year in Reflection~
Wow it's amazing how fast a year can fly by! 2013 had some ups and downs but overall it was a good year. It was tough but towards the end it started to get better. On June 26th I started the Day Zero Project. It is a really neat website that allows you to create a list of 101 goals to complete in 1001 days. Instead of making a New Years Resolution, I'm working on completing this list of goals. I want to see how far I've come!
1. Write 100 poems- 6/100
2. Watch the IMDb top 250 films- 97/250
3. Learn 50 new things by clicking the random articles button on Wikipedia- 5/50
4. Read 100 books- 12/100 I read the book "And Thereby Hangs a Tale" one of my favourite from this year. It was full of short mystery/suspense/horror stories. Really good book!
5. Save $100 on groceries with coupons- $54.17/$100
6. Get rid of 100 things- 50/100
7. Make 25 new recipes- 7/25 I made these Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting Mmm so good!
8. Read 300 books to the girls- 40/300
9. Leave an inspirational note in a book for someone to find
10. Go to a concert
11. Write a book- I am writing a book called "Desert Gold". It will be a mystery with a touch of romance.
12. Go horseback riding
13. Have dinner by candlelight
14. Go to Las Vegas
15. Learn Spanish
16. Buy something from Etsy
17. Go rockclimbing
18.Perform 5 acts of random kindness
19. Send something to a friend- I sent my really good friends Shantel and Kelly some yummy Lara Bars!
20. Make a list of 100 things I'm grateful for- I completed this and you can find my list Here
21. Write down every dream I have for a week
22. Write a love letter to my husband
23. Write my name in the sand
24. Don't watch TV for a week- Completed! We don't have cable so this was pretty easy
25. Don't eat sweets for a month
26. Go to the firing range
27. Get a new tattoo
28. Buy new lens for my camera
29. Get a pedicure
30. Go on a spiritual retreat
31. Document a day in my life with photos
32. Donate unwanted books to the library
33. Volunteer in my community
34. Refinish a piece of furniture
35. Make soap
36. Make donuts
37. Buy new shoes- Completed! I got a blinged out pair of black heels and a pair of grey peep-toe heels for $5 each at a yardsale. Deal of the year!
38. Achieve Abs
39. Complete Insanity Program
40. Take a train somewhere
41. Paint the kitchen- Completed!
42. Host a My Favorite Things Party- Completed! I'm definitely going to do it again, it was a blast.
43. Go on a romantic getaway with my hubby
44. Find 50 geocaches
45. Go to dentist
46. Change hairstyle- Completed! I got my hair trimmed, side swept bangs, and some black lowlights
47. Clear out my broken external hardrive and put on cd's- In Progress
48. Make a coffee bar in my house
49. Organize my craft supplies
50. Fill change jar and cash it out
51. Handout 5 blessing bags to the homeless
52. Contact 5 companies for giveaways or reviews- Completed! I reviewed decal stickers, a scale, a kid's DVD, a brand of green tea and a brand of kid's shoes. Click on my Product Review tab to see them
53. Fill out a long survey for my blog
54. Get my pole set up- Completed! I now have a space in my garage to practice!
55. Model in a fun photoshoot- Completed! I did a bridal shoot, lots of fun!
56. Get a new outfit- Completed!
57. Do 5 projects from my Craft board
58. Successfully sew something
59. Get husband a nice smoker grill- Completed!
60. Answer the 30 things with Hubby
61. Watch the sunrise over the ocean
62. Make a 72-hour emergency kit for family
63. Join a sports team
64. Go snowboarding
65. Buy keyboard and relearn to play it
66. Plan preschool for Haley
67. Hike 5 trails in Joshua Tree- We have done the Skull Rock Trail so far
68. Hire a housekeeper- Completed! Well not technically a housekeeper but I hired someone to shampoo and deep clean our carpets. They are so much nicer and cleaner!
69. Take a practice LSAT
70. Read the entire Bible- In progress
71. Watch the sunrise on New Years
72. Journal for 6 months- I have been journaling for the past 2 weeks
73. Drink shakes for 2 weeks- I invented this yummy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie but haven't yet started my 2 week shake diet
74. Get a bigger vehicle or trade in
75. Get an article published in a magazine or newspaper
76. Win contest or sweepstakes- Completed! I didn't win but my little Haley won a photo contest. She got $50 for looking pretty! That would be a fun job haha!
77. Run another Fun Run- Completed! We did the Color Me Rad 5K last year and this year we did the Electric Run. It was amaaaaazing! I can't wait to do it again next year!
78. Help someone complete one of their goals
79. Finish 5 paintings- 2/5
"Starry Night"- done this Christmas. Made with paint, stickers, broken mirror and cotton.
80. Take the kids to pick a fruit
81. Take the kids camping
82. Be able to do the splits
83. Get 250 blog followers- 96/250
84. Attend a blogging conference
85. Make bread from scratch
86. Make a "My Secrets" video- Completed!
87. Visit the Winchester Mystery House
88. Complete a 1000 piece puzzle
89. Carve a pumpkin for Halloween
90. Take the girls to Build-a-Bear
91. Write the story behind "Yours, Mine and Ours" for the blog
92. Make homemade jam
93. Stay off Facebook for a week- Completed!
94. Write a letter to a friend thanking them for their friendship- Completed!
95. Join a book club, non-profit organization or something similar- Completed! I joined the Father's Rights Movement. It is a growing movement that is focused on making sure Father's are able to have a relationship with their kids. I also got involved with I am THAT Girl. It's a movement of girls meeting together to talk about changing the world, empower each other and serve the community.
96. Make a wall of accomplishments- In progress
97. Practice meditation
98. Build up my Etsy shop
99. Start a financial campaign for a legal defense fund for getting our boys
100. Get our spare room set up for guests
101. Honestly I just don't know what to put here. I will think of something by New Years though!
I have until March 2016 to complete all my goals. I think I have a good start! What kind of goal setting or resolutions are you doing for the new year?