Wednesday, November 6, 2013

100 Things I'm thankful for- 1st 20

I love seeing all these thankful posts on facebook lately. There is a thing going around called 30 days of thankful, where you post something you are thankful for everyday of the month of November.

I'm going to do something slightly different, since on my Day Zero project I have to make a list of 100 things I'm thankful for. I'm going to do them in sets of 20 so I don't overload you guys. And what better month than Thanksgiving month to do it in? The first ones are going to be pretty deep, but don't laugh if towards the end of this project I start saying things like I'm thankful for bubbles or something haha!

So here are my 1st set of 20...I'm thankful for

1. How God has blessed our family and been there even in the toughest of times.

2. A husband that treats me like a princess, is a good daddy and just a wonderful person to all who know him.

3. For a close relationship with my family. My parents are always there for me and even when I'm wrong they help instead of judge.

4. For smart, kind siblings. They would never abandon or hurt me like my husband's sister has done to him.

5. A God-loving, caring extended family who is always interested and keeps up with my life. I can always find encouragement in them.

6. A great relationship with my in-laws. They make me feel like a daughter. I know a lot of people who hate their in-laws so it is very special to me that I have amazing ones.

7. Friend that have my back and I know I can count on.

8. Starbucks! Or coffee in general. It saves my life in the mornings...and probably other people's too haha!

9. My red hair. It's unique and wild and I wouldn't change it for the world. Hairdressers say people pay a lot of money to get my natural color.

10. My oldest stepson Bryan. We have become close and after all the women in his life screwed him over, including his mom, I feel privileged that he loves and cares for me and that he has let me be a big part of his life.

11. My great metabolism. I do workout and eat fairly healthy but I always stay a good weight even when I'm lazy and eat like a fatty.

12. My wonderful, smart girls. People compliment on how beautiful they are all the time. They make me smile and laugh everyday.

13. My mustang. I always wanted one growing up. There is nothing like driving around with the windows down and a great sound system and pumping subwoofer turned up while you shift around town like a street racer.

14.  My amazing stepsons. They are so strong and courageous after everything they have been put through. Despite lies and manipulations, they believe what they see with their own eyes. I'm thankful for this because we have and amazing relationship. It is such a good feeling to be told how much they love me, admire me and look up to me. It's also a huge responsibility to be the kind of person they can look up to.

15. Thankful God has blessed me with a good mind. I've been able to make awesome grades even with my busy schedule, moving 5 times and attending 3 different colleges.

16. Thankful God has also blessed me with creativity. I love painting, designing and all things artsy.

17. Thankful my Mom made me take piano for years. Now that I'm older I appreciate it a lot more, and be able to read music is such a great skill to have.

18. The success of my photography. It started as a hobby with a little point and shoot camera. It grew with lots of positive reinforcement from my husband and family. 4 years later I have a top notch pro camera and many satisfied clients. I've been published in magazines, brochures, calendars and have met some B-list celebrities.

19. Thankful for the success of my blog. It also started as a hobby to keep far away friends and family up to date on our activities and how the kids are growing. I gradually added more categories like recipes and tips&advice. Soon companies started contacting me to review their stuff or do giveaways. Now I get a bunch of free stuff to try out and it's awesome!

20. My dog Chloe. I adopted her for free from a lady who had too many pets. She is a red heeeler and has been the best dog ever. She is super smart and well behaved and acts like a babysitter for my girls. She is in the process of getting certified as my "emotional support animal". Don't laugh! This means I can take her where ever I go even into stores and restaurants.

Well there is my 20 for this week! Feel free to add some stuff you are thankful for in the comments section below. Look for next week's 20!

No comments:

Post a Comment