Friday, October 18, 2013

Fall Festival

Wow it has been a while since I've blogged! We are busy getting settled into our new house and finding our way around town. My oldest daughter's school is right close by so Haley Bear and I can walk her to school in the morning and walk to pick her up in the afternoon. Its a great way to get out of the house. Although the school is rated a bit low, I like my daughter's teacher and I think she is doing well. It is always a hard decision to decide what schooling is best for your child: Christian, public or home school. I'll be writing a post on that soon and why I've decided to do different things with my daughters.

I also got involved in this neat group called "I am THAT Girl". It's almost like girl scouts for college girls. We reach out to girls in the community and also focus on helping each other and ourselves become the best possible person we can be. I'll be doing a post on that soon as well.

This past weekend we took the girls to a Fall Festival our housing put on. It was nice because everything was free! We had a dinner of those big turkey legs you get at fairs or carnivals, kettle corn, funnel cakes and cotton candy. The girls got to play in the bounce houses. There was a free "pumpkin patch" where each family got a pumpkin but we didn't get around to that, the line was too long. And also just getting one pumpkin is not a good idea, the girls would probably fight over it.

Here are the girls as we are waiting in line to get in. Haley is Ariel. Her face is ridiculous lol! Serenity wanted to be a devil girl. I think her outfit is adorable. And check out the devilish look on her face!

And here is the hubby stuffing his face. Those turkey legs were good! And Haley is stuffing her face in the background. Good thing I had the camera...no pics of me stuffing my face...and I sure did!

 
And the cotton candy chow down! They were sticky but happy kids afterwards haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment