Tuesday, October 8, 2013

White counter tops

So today I want to talk about my white countertops. I love, love, love our new house! The only problem I have with it, is all my countertops are white. I have a slight OCD problem with dirt and crumbs. I vacuum like once a day, only allow food in my kitchen and I have to wipe down crumbs whenever I see them. The toaster is my sworn enemy! If you have white counter tops you see EVERRRRY crumb! Ahh! So yeah, I'm cleaning counters like every five minutes haha!

Hey nothing wrong with cleaning though! They say "Cleanliness is next to Godliness." Well not quite but it is a really good thing.

*Studies have shown that children thrive more in a clean, uncluttered environment. It also reduces stress in adults. Cool right?

*Regular dusting, sweeping and vacuuming can reduce allergies. The less dust, the less dust mites have to feed on.

*It gives you an anger outlet. Ok maybe that one is just me, but I tend to go on a crazy cleaning spree when I'm upset or mad.

* It burns calories! As much as you might hate cleaning just thing of those calories you are burning!

*Did you also know that animal urine can cause asthma? Gross! Don't forget to clean up after your pet. And if there is too much animal urine in the carpet it NEEDS to GO! Even if you have to replace your carpet. It will end up costing a lot less than asthma treatments!

*And one of the best advantages to cleaning that I found was that it increases concentration. While our ability to multitask is now better than ever, a cluttered, messy house can sidetrack even the most focused among us. Without endless stacks of papers, piled up laundry, and an overflowing junk drawer, studies show you will be better able to concentrate on the task at hand. Having a clean work space also allows you to better prioritize, because you are able to see what’s important without being bogged down by all the clutter surrounding you.

And that's my little post for the day. So get to cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment