Monday, April 15, 2013

DIY Honey Face Mask


Relax & Refresh With A DIY Face Mask
Guest Post by Kendra Thornton

After visiting the beautiful island of Honolulu, Hawaii, I wanted to recreate the same refreshing spa experience in the comfort of my own home. My stay at The Royal Hawaiian Hotel, one of Honolulu’s top hotels for spas and facials, was incredible. The staff at the Abhasa Spa made my stay wonderful and it is certainly not a trip I will soon forget!

 

So why do we only find time to relax and refresh a few times throughout the year?


Being a mom is a full time job - a rejuvenating face mask is exactly what you need to calm your nerves and replenish your skin. After months of dry skin this winter, this Avocado and Banana Face Mask is just what you need! Avocados contain high levels of vitamin E, vitamin K and antioxidants that can prevent premature aging, repair skin cells, and fade dark spots. Bananas are full of vitamins and packed full of antioxidants. This mask will brighten and hydrate your skin all from the comfort of your own home!




Ingredients

1 avocado

1 banana

2 teaspoons of olive oil

1 teaspoon of honey


Directions

Take one banana and cut it into small pieces with a knife. Cut your avocado in half and scoop out the insides with a spoon. Place these into your blender and mix until there’s a smooth consistency. Once the consistency is smooth, drizzle the olive oil and honey into the blender and blend once more. If you don’t have a blender, mash the ingredients using a fork.

 



Pour your smooth mixture it into a medium size bowl and use your hands to apply the mask to your face. Let your face mask sit for 20 minutes while you relax! Afterward, rinse the mixture off with warm water.


With this refreshing face mask, you’ll feel the day’s stress lifted away.  You don’t have to wait for a vacation to feel refreshed and relaxed!

 Bio: Kendra Thornton: Travel advocate, TV spokesperson, PR businesswoman, proud wife and mama of 3. I am a long time travel expert who has been packing my bags and traveling the world since I was 3 months old! I've found my utmost desire in life is right here in my own home. I have mixed my excitement for travel by bringing the taste of authentic cuisine and rejuvenating beauty remedies to my own home with some of my unique recipes and tips. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment