These are fun and surprisingly easy to make. I'm not sure how to make authentic Mexican Churros so this is my take on them. They were big hit with my oldest stepson because churros and cheesecake are like his favourite desserts ever.
I would have a bunch of pics for this post but there are some technical difficulties with picture uploading at the moment. I'll add them once it's fixed.
2 cans crescent rolls
2 packages cream cheese room temp
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Grease a 13"by9" pan, unroll the crescent dough and place on the bottom of the pan. smush the lines together so it's a complete crust.
2. Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla, and egg together and spread over crescent dough in the pan.
3. Unroll the second roll of crescent dough and place over cream cheese mixture. Press around the edges to make a hole free top crust.
4. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until edges are brown. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsp. of cinnamon together then sprinkle over churros.
5. Cut into squares and serve warm!