Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper and Basil Penne Pasta

I was feeling a little adventurous with my cooking this week. I decided to whip up a gourmet italian pasta dish along with some leftover chicken from my Simple Crockpot Chicken. It turned out super delish and of course very healthy.

 
 
Ingredients
 
3 small cloves of garlic
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup roasted red bell pepper (I used jarred)
3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
1 lb penne pasta
2 cups shredded chicken (optional)
 
1. Pulse garlic in food processer a few times. Add in red pepper, cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Pulse  few more times. Add in olive oil and pulse until well incorporated.
 
 

2. Boil water and a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add in pasta, cook and drain. Let cool a few minutes then add in basil pesto mix. Stir well. Add in chicken if desired. Serve warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment