1 box of elbow macaroni
1lb. ground beef
Half an onion
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 tbsp salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. cumin
1. Brown the ground beef. Chop the onion and add to the beef. (My onions are a bit big, our onion hater was over at his girlfriend's so I was rather liberal with them.) Drain.
2. Boil macaroni. Don't overcook, make sure they are a little firm. I also like to add a splash of olive oil to my boiling noodles to keep them from sticking. Drain.
3. Add tomato sauce, water and spices to beef mixture. Let simmer for 10 minutes or so.
4. Add macaroni to to beef mixture. You may want to use only 3/4 of the noodles, a whole box makes quite a lot! Stir together and then pour into cassarole dish.
5. Grate cheese over the top and cover with foil.
6. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Take foil off and cook another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!