Friday, June 21, 2013

Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole

My mom made this recipe growing up, and it was one of my favourite meals as a kid. I came across a similar recipe and decided to make my own version.

Ingredients

5 cups shredded chicken
1 cup plain greek yogurt
3 cups (24 oz) cream of chicken soup
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup melted butter
2 rolls of Ritz crackers; crushed
Rice

1. Preheat oven to 350. If you don't have shredded chicken already, boil several chicken breasts in water with a boullion cube and some chopped onions.

2. Place shredded chicken in a casserole dish.


3. Mix yogurt, cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper, and sauce in a bowl. Pour over chicken.


 
4. Melt the butter and mix with crushed crackers. Sprinkle evenly over chicken mixture.


5. Bake for 30 minutes or until top of casserole is browned and sauce is bubbly. Serve over rice. Add some steamed broccoli for a complete meal.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hard to follow, I hope it turns out.
    I miss understood what you ment by sauce. ..I combined the butter and the Wocestershire and made a sauce? Didn't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mix the W. sauce with the cream of chicken soup and all that you put over the chicken. The butter you melt and mix with the ritz crackers. Sorry you were confused, I'm sure it turned out fine, its a hard recipe to mess up.

      Delete