Friday, June 14, 2013

Quick Update and Graduations!



It's been a while since I've blogged! We have been very busy with all kinds of stuff, but I need to get back to my blogging, I've missed it.

The beginning of June we were able to attend my stepson's Conner and William's 8th grade graduation. We stayed almost a week with my hubby's family and had a wonderful time visiting, chatting and laughing.

                                                  Grandpa, Conner, Steven, William

It was a nice little ceremony, and all the kids were so happy to see each other after 5 months apart. We got to bring the younger two boys back with us a few days later. It was a long, long drive but they did really well. There were some hilarious conversations that took place. Here is my favourite quote from Aaron...

Aaron: "When I grow up I'm going to be a Republican and drive around in a punchbuggy so I can watch people punch each other."

Kids say the funniest things!

We had some time to settle in, and then we got another addition to our family for the summer! My niece got to come down and is spending some time with us. We get to pick up Conner here in a week and then our family will be nearly complete!

Last night was my oldest stepson Bryan's high school graduation. I've been a part of his life since he started high school 5 years ago. It was a long, hard road for him but he made it! I've seen him struggle and fail but I've also seen him buckle down and accomplish great things and rise to challenges when all the odds were stacked against him. I know he has the ability to do great things in life and I am incredibly proud of him.

 
 I have to admit there were a few tears in my eyes watching him walk for the last time as a highschooler and knowing he worked extremely hard for that cap and gown.

                                           Haley, Serenity, Josiah, Abby, Aaron and Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment