Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Being 25

Well yesterday was my birthday. Yay!
I'm halfway to middle age.
(Since I plan on living to 100 haha!)
Reflecting back on my life,
I have to say I miss the innocence and vividness of my imagination.
Before school, work, bills, kids and ex's created such stress.
I've made mistakes and faced impossible challenges.
But with God's grace I've risen above and conquered those challenges
leaving me a better, stronger and wiser person.
Despite our daily struggles I'm happy with my life.
So what have I accomplished in my short years?
I have an amazing husband, 2 beautiful girls and 5 wonderful stepsons.
Even with changing colleges 3 times in 3 years I've maintained a 3.8-4.0 GPA
And now I almost have my degree.
I cooked my parents a 3 course meal in 5th grade and have been cooking and creating my own recipes ever since.
I'm finally happy with my weight (although I do need to build some muscle)
I've made friends that will listen to me when I need to vent but also help me stay positive.
I've been to Brazil and lived in 7 different states.
I've travelled from the East to West coast more times than I can count.
I've written a book of poetry (that I'm too scared to publish)
I bought my own car with my own money when I was 18.
I've learned to play the piano decently.
I've gotten tattoos and piercings.
I've worked as a deck hand on a fishing boat, a waitress, a bartender, a model,
a grocery store manager, a barista, an event coordinator, and probably more I can't remember.
I've taught myself photography and became excellent at it.
Through my photography I've met some famous people: actresses, singers, bands and athletes.
I started this blog less than a year ago and already have over 1000 page views a day.
There is lots more I want to do and accomplish in my life but I am pretty proud of where I am today.
So I guess being 25 is not so bad :)

 
 
Yesterday was lovely. I got to spend my birthday with all my kids and my niece.
My dear friends Shantel and Kelly brought me a gift basket. It had all kinds of ice cream toppings and a bunch of goodies, so the kids and I celebrated with ice cream sundaes.
 


2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! You should be proud, you have accomplished a LOT for someone your age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete