Crockpot Sesame Chicken
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
4 tablespoons tomato puree
2 tsp. sesame oil
3tsp. corn starch
1/4 cup water
toasted sesame seeds
1. Start by laying chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Mix all ingredients except for water and corn starch and pour over chicken.
4. Remove chicken and shred in separate bowl. Stir together the corn starch and water then add this mixture to the sauce in the crockpot. Stir well. Return chicken to crockpot and mix evenly with sauce. Add as much sesame seeds as desired.
3 cups cooked rice (leftover, day old rice works best)
3 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tsp. garlic
1 cup peas and carrots (I use the can but you can use frozen thawed also)
Rest of the onion, chopped
2 eggs slightly beaten
1/4 cup soy sauce
1. Start by heating the sesame oil over medium high. Saute onion, garlic, peas and carrots until tender.
2. Add in rice (I used brown rice which is why it looks brown) and cook on medium low until warmed and soft.
3. Push rice mixture to the side and add the eggs in one side of the pan.
4. Cook egg then stir everything together.
CHINESE FOOD SUCESS!