Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Crockpot Sesame Chicken and Fried Rice

I can make almost any food taste amazing but for some reason I have a problem with Chinese food. It is the bane of my cooking existence. I've tried making crab ragoon, cabbage rolls and egg rolls. They all turned out as flops and my hubby told me to stay away from cooking Chinese food. Buuuut I am not one to back down from a challenge! Here is one of my few successful Chinese meals.



Crockpot Sesame Chicken

Ingredients
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
4 tablespoons tomato puree
2 tsp. sesame oil
3tsp. corn starch
1/4 cup water
toasted sesame seeds



1. Start by laying chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Mix all ingredients except for water and corn starch and pour over chicken.

 
3. Cook on low 4-6 hours, turning once or twice to make sure chicken is cooking evenly.
4. Remove chicken and shred in separate bowl. Stir together the corn starch and water then add this mixture to the sauce in the crockpot. Stir well. Return chicken to crockpot and mix evenly with sauce. Add as much sesame seeds as desired.



Fried Rice
 
 
 
Ingredients
 
3 cups cooked rice (leftover, day old rice works best)

 3 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tsp. garlic
1 cup peas and carrots (I use the can but you can use frozen thawed also)
Rest of the onion, chopped
2 eggs slightly beaten
1/4 cup soy sauce
 
 
1. Start by heating the sesame oil over medium high. Saute onion, garlic, peas and carrots until tender.
 
 
 

2. Add in rice (I used brown rice which is why it looks brown) and cook on medium low until warmed and soft.
 
 
3. Push rice mixture to the side and add the eggs in one side of the pan.
 
 
4. Cook egg then stir everything together.
 
 
CHINESE FOOD SUCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment